Monday, September 24, 2012

Customized Starbucks Cup -- Glitterfied!

This is a "I saw it on Pinterest" DIY project! The original tutorial I followed can be found here.

I have a Venti Customizable Starbucks cup. I had already customized it a little, with Sharpies, my special drink (on a Post-It folded in half, taped to the inside), and even a piece of a disposable Starbucks cup from Disneyland.


When I saw the glitterfied Starbucks cup on Pinterest, I knew I needed to do it. I had spray glue already from making my flag for Royal Family Kids Camp, and I knew I would be able to keep my Disney Parks piece as well.

First, I glued in the Disney Parks piece. Before this, it had only been taped in. I get so many compliments on it, and Starbucks and Disney would probably make a fortune if they collaborated and sold them like this at California Adventure.

I followed the tutorial and ended up with my pink, glittery, cup. The hardest part was waiting for the glue and glitter to set so I could put it back together. One thing I would do, though, is use painters tape to tape the threads. I fear that I've lost the insulated seal because there is glitter in the threads.

I have gotten so many compliments on my cup. I even had to wait a little longer for my iced coffee the other day because the lady baristas were ooh'ing and ahh'ing over it. The guy barista thought it was hilarious.

I bet you're waiting to see the finished product, aren't you?


If you decide to give this a try, please comment here as well as at the original blog post linked above. Feel free to pin and share!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search