Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese

Well, I go back to work tomorrow. The girls go back to school on Monday. Time to start planning meals and school lunches!

Tonight, dinner was Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese from 101 Cooking For Two. I found it on --where else? -- Pinterest.



(I need to remember to take pictures while I'm preparing the meal!!!)

Ingredients:


  • 8oz (by weight - or half a 1 lb bag/box) Macaroni (I used medium shells)
  • 2 cups milk
  • 1/2 tsp salt (I used my Sea Salt Grinder and did a few turns)
  • 1/2 tsp dry mustard (I left this out because I didn't have any)
  • 1/4 tsp black pepper (again, I used my grinder for a few turns on coarse)
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp paprika
  • 1 TBSP butter
  • 1 cup cheese of your choice (I used mild cheddar)
Instructions:

  1. Pour milk, macaroni, and seasonings into a small crock pot (original post says 3.5 quart, I used a 2 quart). Mix well.
  2. Cook on low. Stir well after 1 hour. Cook another hour or so until the pasta is al dente (original post says to not go by time, but rather by doneness of pasta).
  3. When the pasta is al dente, drain any extra liquid, add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Mix well.
  4. Continue on low until cooked to your taste (about 5-15 minutes).
Details:
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: Approx. 2 hours 20 minutes
Total time: Approx. 2 hours 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (or 2 large servings)

Kids' reactions:

Big Sis took a bite and made a face before I dished it. I asked her if she wanted some with her hot dogs, and she said no.

Little Sis took a bite and spit it out into the trash can.

I love it. I am upset the kids didn't approach dinner with an open mind. I am struggling to get the processed junk out of the house and make more meals with real ingredients. Any suggestions?


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Sorry it didn't work that well for you. The chicken nuggets may be better. About 25 minutes total and my grand kids love them. But they also liked the Mac and Cheese.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found the recipe for the nuggets! Looks yummy and easy. And even the kids said they would like them (simple ingredients!)

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search