Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Planner Addiction

Hi. My name is Jaime, and I'm addicted... to day planners.

You might remember my post from December where I made my own day planner in a notebook that was given to me for my birthday. It was awesome. But it just wasn't what I needed for my sometimes hectic/sometimes mellow schedule. Some days I will sit and journal several pages at a time - Inspirational quotes or verses from the Bible - and sometimes I'll go weeks without journaling anything. Some days I have a LOT of things to do - extensive to-do list, appointments, or just ramblings I need to remember. The small spaces for the days just wasn't big enough for these days.

So we're 6 months into 2014, and I've already been through 2 planners. I just can't seem to find one that is, well, PERFECT. So I'm on a mission.

Thanks to Pinterest, I have about 200 ideas for a personalized planner. Last year, someone brought in a box of brand new Martha Stewart 8.5x5.5" Three-Ring Binder that was donated to the staff at my school. I've been contemplating what to do with it, and I think I've found out. I went to Office Max and purchased tabbed, monthly calendar for the rest of 2014 (they didn't have 2015 yet; not even the academic year calendars). Then I purchased some colored 32lb cardstock and asked them to cut it in half. I also purchased some folder pockets that will fit in the binder.

I have yet to assemble everything, and I'm still working out exactly HOW I will make everything work, but I'm very excited. I still need to get some dividers (hitting Target tomorrow, as I know they have the Avery products for this size binders), which I will decorate with Washi tape (clearance at Office Max - 4 rolls for $2.91).

I really need a place where I can journal at a moment's notice, without having to carry around a separate journal. I also need a place where I can put in more information for specific days when I have a lot to do, but don't need something for every single day of the year. I also want a place where I can list books I've read (since not all are on my Kindle) and where I can list books I WANT to read.

I will definitely share when I get everything put together. Here's a sneak peek at what I have so far:

(Told ya it was a sneak! More detailed photos to follow... it's still a work in progress, but I'm hoping to have it finished by the weekend, so I can use it in church on Sunday!)


I took a lot of inspiration from the following pins and pages:

Early Bird Mom: A Tour of my Low-Tech Planner

(I'll add more as I get some more ideas and put them into action!)

What are some things you HAVE to have in your planner?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search