Thursday, September 8, 2016

Whirlwind Year

I can't believe it's been almost a year since my last post. This year has flown by, and it's been insane.

Summer 2015 started with Big Sis leaving to go live with her dad. She started her freshman year without me, but seemed to have fun and she made some new friends and got to enjoy living in the Bay Area.

School started in August 2015 with Little Sis starting middle school as a 6th grader. I continued to work at her school (previously Big Sis' school) as an instructional aide. I also went back to school to finish my Associates in Social and Behavioral Science. My goal is to transfer to CSU San Marcos for my bachelor's and my teaching credential.

The school year flew by, and the next thing I knew, Big Sis was set to move back home. The deal was that she would spend the whole year up there, but she had to keep her grades up. Unfortunately, she wasn't able to keep her Biology grade up to standard - she never has been good at the hard sciences.

On my trip to pick her up, I met up with a friend and we both decided it was time to start eating better and getting active. On June 29, I officially started my weight loss journey. I've been tracking my food consistently since then (well, technically, since before then), and in the process, I have lost 16 pounds.

In August, I decided to get my body fat measured and received some tips on how to manage my macros - protein, fat, and carbohydrates. I am still working on how to fit in the foods I like to eat into my numbers, but I am getting there.

I am hoping to use this blog now as a way to focus my efforts, share and receive some helpful tips, and keep a running record of my progress.

Here is one of my NSV. I was shocked when I saw the difference!



 photo signature.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search