Saturday, April 24, 2010

RFKC Walk-a-Thon

Today I walked for Royal Family Kids Camp.

I arrived at Rancho Community Church in Temecula, California at 7:45am. I checked in with my donation packet, and got my lap counter tickets. 16 laps I was told was 3.5 miles.

My friend Rose and I walked together. At one point, I got distracted by my sister and her dog so I ran half a lap to catch up with my walking buddy.

We finished all 16 laps in about one hour and ten minutes. Later, I learned it was more like over four miles.

I was doing great while I walked. I was a little sore after while Rose and I were sitting at Starbucks, but once I got home and took a FOUR HOUR nap, I started feeling the muscles tightening and spasming.

It was for a great cause, though, and if I were to train properly, I could do a 5K in under an hour!!

We still need donations! Click the RFKC logo or the Donate button above to help us send 52 kids to summer camp!!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search