Saturday, July 6, 2013

Crock Pot Italian Chicken

I have many food boards on Pinterest. One for dinner, breakfast, school lunches, and of course, one for the Crock Pot.

I was browsing that board looking for something for dinner for Saturday. I enjoy cooking, but Saturdays are really the only day I try new recipes because I have a friend come over. The girls are picky, but my friend is more open-minded toward new food.

This recipe is from Crock-a-doodle-do. I made some adjustments, including making my own Italian Dressing.


The recipe calls for 2, but I used 3. I sprayed the bottom of the Crock, then placed the chicken in. I seasoned the chicken with salt, pepper, and minced onion and garlic. I didn't put dressing on it.

Big Sis took a pic of me cutting the potatoes. 

The recipe shows red potatoes, but the ones at the store looked funny. I chose yellow potatoes. I quartered them into bite-sized pieces.

Potatoes and baby carrots over the chicken.

Here is what my Italian Dressing looked like in the jar. Much tastier than the store bought bottle.

I poured the whole jar over the top.

Yum.

I added some Parmesan Cheese on top, too, and I'll add more to the spuds and carrots when I take them out.

I started it on low for about 3 hours. In the past, high was too high, but when I got home at noon from dropping Big Sis off at church, the potatoes were still firm. I turned it up to high after about 3 hours for another 3 hours.

Turns out, the potatoes needed another 30 minutes. In doing this, I recommend starting on HIGH for 3 - 4 hours, then drop it down to low for another couple hours. 

The chicken was so good. It was tender and fell apart with just the fork. The seasoning was perfect, too.

These were the potatoes and carrots still in the sauce. They needed to cook for a little longer.

I added a loaf of garlic bread and a salad on the side. I made another batch of Italian Dressing for the salad. 

Little Sis approves!!!



 Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search