Monday, January 6, 2014

365 Challenge - January 6 (Recipe for Chicken Wontons)

So the original plan for dinner tonight was to use chicken and make a chipotle cheddar bake with a Kraft Creation. Well, the "use by" date was early December, so I didn't want to risk anything. (Please, don't lecture on being wasteful...)

So because I tossed the breading, I had to come up with something. I had egg roll wraps in the fridge. I decided to make wontons like my mom used to make. It was easy, but, it's a bit time-consuming. It took me about an hour.
These were the seasoning I used. 

I chopped the chicken into bite-sized pieces, then put it in my EVOO-coated pan. I added the seasonings and sesame seed oil.
I cute the wraps into fourths to make them wonton size. I put a piece of chicken in each, then folded opposite corners in and sealed with water. Then I placed it in the hot oil and fried until they were golden brown.
I even was able to get 4 lunches of 10 wontons out of the leftovers. The girls loved them. I used EasyLunchboxes and the ELB Sauce Containers for sweet and sour. 

Cooking and wrapping the chicken was easy. It was the frying that took the time. But fun, and a good appetizer for a pot luck!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search