Monday, December 15, 2008

Updates -- Vacation, Disneyland, Job

Well, it's been a hectic couple of weeks.

On December 3, the girls and I flew out to Colorado. My sister got married on the 5th. We flew back on the 7th. It was a gorgeous wedding, and I have tons of pics. I'll be sure to share them soon.

When I returned to work on the 8th, I had a job announcement in my box. It was for the same position I have now, except at the Elementary school. I currently work 3.75 hours a day, and this position was for 6.5 hours a day, including full benefits. I jumped all over it. I turned in my application before the December 10th deadline.

On the 11th, I was on vacation for another couple of days. The girls and I headed to Anaheim on the 11th, and stayed at the HoJo across the street from Disneyland. We went to the parks on Friday the 12th, and came home that night. We got home at 2am, and ended up having to sleep in the car until 6am because my grandparents locked the door into the house from the garage.

Once we woke up on the 13th (my BIRTHDAY!) we got up and headed to Borrego Springs again. My ex-bf asked the girls and me to come over. He was going to BBQ and he had cake. Since no one else had planned anything, I went. We ended up with hot dogs and coconut cake. The cake was yummy. I would have preferred chicken.

The girls and I went home that night, and I spent Sunday cleaning my room and reorganizing. My sister used to live in this room, and when she left a year ago, my grandma's stuff managed to multiply. I've got most of my stuff put away, well, what's not in the storage unit anyway.

I get to work today, and go check my box. I find the HR lady (very nice lady), and she says she needs to talk to me. So I go back during morning break, and..

I GOT THE JOB!

I start on January 12, after the winter break. My benefits kick in on February 2. I can't wait. I think this job is going to be better suited to the education I have, and will better prepare me for teaching in the future.

I also want to see a doc about my allergies and my headaches. And the girls need to see a dentist and eye doctors!



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS on the job! Sounds super cool!!!

    Good luck with the allergies - we all have them and some days it just plain sucks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!! That is great!

    Sorry that no one planned anything for your birthday. I would have gone with you to Disneyland...then we would have gone to the mall and out to a movie, if I was there!! Not much, but still a lot of fun!

    I didn't call, and just text, because I figured you were at Sea World or something. Sorry! But, I still remembered. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome couple weeks!! Congratulation on the job! That's great:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search