Sunday, August 9, 2009

I'm back

Hi all! After taking a break from blogging, I've decided it's time to come back.

Since my last post, I've read a few more books. I finally finished the Shopaholic books: Confessions of a Shopaholic (which is in a separate post below), Shopaholic Takes Manhattan, and Shopaholic Ties the Knot. Every time I read these books, it really puts into perspective my own shopping habits. However, I really wish my life would turn out like Becky Bloomwood's -- meet a sexy, rich man who loves me despite my shopping habits and who is willing to marry me. Ahhh....if only life were like Chick Lit and/or Chick Flicks. I still have yet to see the Confessions movie, but it's on my list.

All three of these books fall under the 100+ Reading Challenge.


I also attempted to complete the Harry Potter series before Half Blood Prince hit theaters. I started with Sorcerer's Stone, then went onto Chamber of Secrets. By June 1, I was just starting Prisoner of Azkaban, and I realized that there was no way I was going to finish the next 3 as well. So I skipped the rest of PoA, as well as Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix. Even though it was summer, I was just not finding the time to read like I wanted (I blame Facebook). I finished Half-Blood Prince on the Monday before the movie came out.

That being said, I was disappointed in the movie, compared to the book. So, instead of waiting to read Deathly Hallows before the 7th movie came out, I read it immediately after seeing the 6th movie. This way, the details won't be so fresh in my mind, and (I'm hoping) I won't be so disappointed.

The four Harry Potter books I read (SS, CoS, HBP, and DH) fall into the 100+ Reading Challenge and the Young Adult Reading Challenge.


I am currently reading The Lovely Bones. I read this book before, but it was back in late 2002 or early 2003 (I know this because there is a Gymboree coupon inside with the expiration date of 3/31/2003). I left it at home last week, though, when I came to visit Grandma, so I haven't been able to read much.

Sadly, I've only hit the 10 book mark by this time of the year. I was hoping to be around 50. I'll just keep on plugging away and start fresh next year. My goal is to be at least to 25 by the end of the year.

I will be working on updating my lists on the sidebar for the challenges, however, I really don't have any reviews of the books to link them to.

If you're on Facebook, I have a book group where we can discuss books. It's called The Laughing Book Nook, and it's an open group. If you're on Facebook, feel free to join!

Until next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search