Saturday, August 15, 2015

Week Two with Passion Planner - Back to School Update!



This week marked my second with the Passion Planner, and my first of the new school year. Little Sis started 6th grade and we both cried a little bit on our way there because Big Sis was missing out on the milestone (and we will be missing out on hers when she starts high school next Wednesday).

Let's start with the obligatory "First-Day-Of-School" picture.



This week in my Passion Planner isn't as cute and fun as last week. Basically, it's because I didn't have as much fun! I went back to work last week on Thursday, but Monday was the first day back with my regular schedule. Here's the fun part: Little Sis starts at 7:47 with a Zero-Period. I don't start until 9:25, so what do I do in that extra hour and almost 45 minutes? Well, this week, I worked! I can't seem to stay away from my awesome coworkers, and I enjoy doing the tech-stuff like typing up student schedules into a spreadsheet for easy sorting to see where they are. You can see where I wrote in the extra time I spent at work. I am keeping track not to seek compensation, but to keep track of my own time. In the afternoons, I am off at 2:55, but school doesn't get out until 3:32. By then, I would have to fight after-school traffic, so I wait until about 3:45 or 4:00 to leave. It's been really hot this week, so I don't want to sit in my car with the A/C on while waiting to exit the parking lot.


I really do like that my Post-Its fit in the bottom section. I didn't want to write those lists directly into the notes section for two reasons: one, I might have wanted to do some drawing or doodling in that section; and two, I had planned to move the list to next week and just repeat the menus. (Because it's so messy looking, I won't be doing that!) I think it's funny that I made Buffalo Chicken that night, because according to TimeHop, I made it exactly two years previously on the first day of school in 2013. You can see that post (and recipe) here. It's still a hit -- there were not enough for both leftovers for my lunch AND seconds. 

My weekends aren't generally planned with a schedule, but my to-do lists can get pretty long. I like that I can write them in on those sections. I saw this on Passion Planner's Instagram as part of their Planner Crush Wednesdays. They have some great ideas that can be used with any planner, but work especially well with the Passion Planner.

Next week starts my college courses. I am taking three classes over four nights. I've already printed up the two available syllabuses, as well as other important information I may need. I have planned to keep a separate planner specifically for my college classes, since I'll be able to put more information, but I'm trying to figure out how I can use my Passion Planner. I think small square Post-Its might be the answer. I also bought some cute stickers and washi tape today. I will definitely update next week!






 photo signature.gif

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search