Saturday, August 31, 2013

Turkey Meatloaf

So dinner tonight was quick and simple to prepare.

I found the recipe at Mum in Bloom and the "meatloaf seasoning" is from scratch.

MCCORMICK'S MEATLOAF SEASONING MIX
2 tsp. dried mustard 
2 tsp. paprika 
1 1/2 tsp. salt 
1 1/2 tsp. dried thyme (I accidentally used 2 tsp)
1 1/2 tsp. basil 
1 tsp. black pepper 
1 tsp. garlic powder 
1 tsp. onion powder 

Combine dry spices and seal in ziploc or vacuum seal bag (or jar). Measure all into a ziploc bag, seal & shake to combine. Pour into a spice jar or bottle. 


I just put each of the seasonings in the bowl with the turkey. 

MEATLOAF DIRECTIONS
1 package Meat Loaf Seasoning Mix
2 pounds ground beef or ground turkey
(I used 1.25 pounds)
2 eggs (1 egg)
1/2 cup milk (eye-balled it, probably a little less)
2 slices bread, finely crumbled or 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs (I mixed regular, plain breadcrumbs with panko bread crumbs. Again, I eye-balled it for the proper consistency)
1/2 cup ketchup (eye-balled it - I used organic ketchup)

Mix Seasoning Mix, ground beef or turkey, eggs, milk and bread crumbs in large bowl (I also add the ketchup in this step). Shape into a loaf. Place loaf in a shallow baking pan or 9x5-inch loaf pan.
Spread ketchup over top of loaf.


Bake in preheated 375F oven 1 hour or until cooked through.  Makes 10 servings, approx 3oz each

Kids' Reaction:

Little Sis was at grandma's, so she didn't get the pleasure. 

Big Sis, on the other hand, LOVED it and asked for seconds. I think there was only one small piece left. She asked me to make it "more often." YAY!

I served it with mashed potatoes mixed with organic corn. Any veggie will taste great with this.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search