Tonight, dinner was Crock Pot Macaroni and Cheese from 101 Cooking For Two. I found it on --where else? -- Pinterest.
(I need to remember to take pictures while I'm preparing the meal!!!)
- 8oz (by weight - or half a 1 lb bag/box) Macaroni (I used medium shells)
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp salt (I used my Sea Salt Grinder and did a few turns)
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard (I left this out because I didn't have any)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper (again, I used my grinder for a few turns on coarse)
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1 TBSP butter
- 1 cup cheese of your choice (I used mild cheddar)
- Pour milk, macaroni, and seasonings into a small crock pot (original post says 3.5 quart, I used a 2 quart). Mix well.
- Cook on low. Stir well after 1 hour. Cook another hour or so until the pasta is al dente (original post says to not go by time, but rather by doneness of pasta).
- When the pasta is al dente, drain any extra liquid, add 1 cup of shredded cheese. Mix well.
- Continue on low until cooked to your taste (about 5-15 minutes).
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: Approx. 2 hours 20 minutes
Total time: Approx. 2 hours 25 minutes
Yield: 4 servings (or 2 large servings)
Big Sis took a bite and made a face before I dished it. I asked her if she wanted some with her hot dogs, and she said no.
Little Sis took a bite and spit it out into the trash can.
I love it. I am upset the kids didn't approach dinner with an open mind. I am struggling to get the processed junk out of the house and make more meals with real ingredients. Any suggestions?