Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Where to Stay?

In my opinion, the biggest decision when making plans for a Disneyland vacation, whether for one night or ten, is where to stay.

As someone who has had an annual pass, I'm in the midset that I am willing to stay off property and either walk to the park or park in the Mickey and Friends Parking Structure to save a little money. Staying at the Disneyland Resort Hotels (Disneyland Hotel, Paradise Pier, or the Grand Californian) is not cheap.

One hotel that I've been known to stay at repeatedly is Super 8 at 415 Katella Ave, about a mile from Disneyland. Walking isn't an issue, it only takes about 15-20 minutes. But since I tend to go with my girls, I drive to the parking structure and take the tram from there. The night time walk from the park isn't as challenging. As far as the rooms are concerned, they are clean and comfy, and the breakfast is decent, especially if you're taking it back to your room. The office staff is polite and helpful.

I've also been known to stay at Motel 6 off the I-91 at Valley View in Buena Park. Since it's right on the freeway, and the 91 and 5 interchanges are connected even at the Carpool Lane, it's a quick 5 minute drive. When you get off the freeway when you're going to Disneyland, you end up right in the parking structure. Very convenient. The rooms here are quiet, especially if you're on the inside courtyard. You can't even hear the freeway. They are clean and somewhat roomy, but I wouldn't have more than 4 people in your room. The office staff are helpful, but tend to let their frustration show if they're a bit frazzled.

This December, I'll be staying at Howard Johnson, right across the street from Disneyland on Harbor Blvd. Our room is a Park View room, which I tend to take advantage of to watch the Fireworks. I've heard nothing but great things about HoJos. Once I'm back from my trip, I will be sure to post a review of the resort.

If you have stayed at a Disneyland resort hotel, either on property or off, and would like to submit an honest hotel review, email me and I'll give you the information I would like on my blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search