Friday, August 1, 2008

AUGUST!

WOW! I can't believe it's August already!

Today, I will be going to the school district to apply for a few jobs they have open. I'm totally excited about it. I can't wait!

Big Sis starts school in less than THREE weeks! Whoo-hoo! While I'm at the district office, I'll pick up her enrollment package so I can get it filled out before I have to enroll her on the 11th.

Tonight, I'm making Peking Prok Chops, thanks to Tena at Punky Monkey's. She actually sent it to me in an email, but I figured I'd share it here. So far, it smells YUMMY, and I'll update on how the kids like it (I can guarantee Honey will like them).

Peking Pork Chops:
6 pork chops, about 1" thick
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp ground ginger
1/2 cup soy sauce (I was out of soy sauce, so I used teriyaki sauce)
1/4 cup ketchup
1-2 cloves of garlic, mashed
salt and pepper to taste

Trim excess fat from pork chops and place in crock pot. Mix remaining ingredients in a small bowl and pour over meat. Cover, turn to LOW and cook 4 to 6 hours, or until tender, Season w/ salt and pepper, if needed. Serve with steamed rice or even Chinese noodles. (We'll probably have them with Ramen noodles with the soup drained)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search