Friday, July 18, 2008

Disneyland Trip Report 7-17-08!

Like I mentioned in my previous blog, I woke up at 5am on Thursday, July 17. I tried waking Honey at 5:15, but he didn't get up until 5:40. We left at about 6:15am, and after a LOT of driving, we made it to Anaheim at about 9:00. Once we parked and I made it to the Esplanade, it was just after 10am. I made it there before Honey, because I needed to meet my friend Cassidy. Because of us, he missed the first meet of the morning, The Jungle Cruise. He wasn't too upset, though. He's such a great guy!

While we were waiting for Honey to show up, we saw some Green Army Men trying to get out of the Esplanade to get to the Toy Story Midway Mania stage just outside the Esplanade. Honey finally showed up, and we made it into the park!

As we went under the Train Station, we saw the 53rd Birthday Sign! Of course, I had to take a pic! I also have a pic of Honey and me with the sign, and also the reverse of the sign, that just says "Happy 53rd Birthday Disneyland!."

We made our way over to Splash Mountain to get our Fastpasses for the 7pm meet that I was hosting. After, we hopped on the Train and went around to Tomorrowland so we could also get Fastpasses for Space Mountain, which we planned on riding later that evening, after all the festivities. Since we had about 30 minutes before we could get another Fastpass, we went into Innoventions. There was some cool stuff in there, but most I have seen before: Windows Media (which Honey has on his computer already), XBox 360, Karaoke. We planned on seeing the Dream Home, but realized that it was approaching Noon, and we had to be over at the Big Meet. So we got our Fastpasses for Space, and headed over to the Lunch Meet.
The Lunchtime Lounge was very fun! Honey and I mingled with other LPers. I have pics, but have a policy about posting pics of other people outside my family on my public blog. Check out for more information and public pics! Honey ended up getting Carne Asada Tacos from Rancho Del Zocolo, which I tasted, and they were yummy! Oh, yeah, threeundertwo, from Lit and Laundry, won a much-coveted Golden Doobie! Congrats, 2/3!
After the Lunchtime Lounge, we headed over to the Tiki Room meet. I got my Dole Whip, which was very very yummy, as always. We had a LOT of LPers there, probably about 50, and we all sang like the birdies sang, tweet tweet tweet tweet tweet.

After the Tiki Room, Honey, Cassidy and I decided we were going to see the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies Show, since my favorite group was performing: "Handsome Billy." We were joined by a few other LPers. It was fun, as always! We didn't get our close up table, and because I've lost my voice, I couldn't be an active participant, but I did get my chicken strips, which were very YUM.

After the Billies, about 3:15 or so, we decided on an impromptu trip around the Rivers of America on the Mark Twain. That was very pleasant. Not too crowded, we got a nice spot in the shade, and it was cool on the water. As we were sailing, we saw baby ducks, and some kitties. This one looked like it was looking for something. We saw two others who were relaxing in the shade, sleeping.

After the Mark Twain, we took a quick trip over to Pirate's Lair on Tom Sawyer Island. Somehow, I got wet crossing the pontoon bridge. But, we visited the bone cage.

We made our way over to where Jack, sorry, Captain Jack Sparrow hangs out. He was busy with other guests, but Cassidy knew a couple of the Cast Members there. Captain Jack's wench, Stacy, tried to steal my LaughingPlace fan and my sunglasses. Marco, Stacy's boyfriend (which I mentioned that she shouldn't say too loud, since Jack was very close by), was wearing this nifty button, as was every other cast member yesterday. I wanted it. I asked every CM I saw if I could have theirs. Every one said no. :(

As we were leaving, we turned back to get one last look (*sigh*) at my other boyfriend, Jack. He wasn't paying much attention to me, so Cassidy got his attention. Jack didn't like being interrupted from his audience.

After TSI, we hauled tooshy over to Main Street for the Rededication Ceremony. I saw it last year, and was very touched. Last year, though, the audio was messed up, so I missed all but Walt's Original Dedication. This year, it was MUCH better. Town Square was PACKED!

But the Rededication Ceremony was very moving, as I expected. The Mayor of Main Street, along with Mickey, Minnie, Donald and Goofy (I didn't see Pluto), looked very excited to be there. They played Walt's original dedication: "To all who come to this Happy Place, welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past. And here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration for all the world." I admit, I cried.

After the Rededication, we went over to the Pirates of the Caribbean meet. There were a LOT of us. We met up, and all went in together. Here is a pic of the CM's face (and the reaction of another guest) when they heard we had SIXTY people. Twenty-two to a boat, and the second boat, full of fluffies, succeeded in the coveted BOAT TRICK. They managed to get the wave of water over the wall that separates the queue from the water.

After POTC, we all went over to the Haunted Mansion. All of us filled a Stretch Room, with a few extra guests. As you can expect, a Stretch Room full of Disney freaks, um, I mean, fans, we all said the spiel. Loud. And we screamed. Loud. Fun fun fun!
After the HM in the PM meet, 14 of us headed over to Splash. We took up two logs, with two others in another log with other guests. LVBelle, from Monkey Memories, is in the front. And boy, did she get WET! I was soaked on my right side, and by the end of the night, I was in pain from chaffing. Ouch.

After Splash, we headed back to the Hub so some of our parties could take pics in front of the Castle. The Castle was roped off for the fireworks, so we got some rare pics of the Castle with no other guests in front.

And of course, Honey and I had to get our pic in front of the Castle.

After that, Honey went and sat down for a bit while the rest of us went to get dinner. We went to Plaza Inn, where I got a plate of fried chicken. OMG, it was SO GOOD! Better than Knott's, I kid you not. I ate once piece, the breast, and saved the other two for Honey. I ate the mashed taters and one biscuit, and I was given another biscuit free. (I expected to pay for it, but wasn't charged! Score!)
Honey met us at Plaza Inn, and ate there, then we all refilled our drinks and headed over to Small World so we could meet for the Fireworks. This is what I was looking for. We got over there at about 9, and the fireworks were scheduled for 9:25. At 9:10, the "voice" came over the loud speaker, saying there was a possibility of the fireworks being canceled because of high winds. Lovely. Just what I wanted to hear, especially since the last time I went in April, they were canceled, too. So we waited. At 9:25, the "voice" came back, saying they were delayed. They announced the same for about another 20 minutes, when, finally, they were canceled.
Oh, yeah! Remember that coveted "We're 53!" button? Well, while we were waiting for the fireworks, Cassidy saw another LPer talking to a CM. He told me, "Go ask him!" and I did. He saw my "Happy Birthday Disneyland" button (which I got first thing in the morning), and said "Another 53 button." I asked him, "Can I have yours?" and the other LPer said "Hey, I asked him first!" He asked me why I wanted it, and I told him because I thought it was cool. So, he pulled out TWO of the Official Disneyland Cast Member buttons! I was STOKED! So was the other LPer, and everyone else, who knew of my mission, was shocked I actually got one!

LVBelle, who was hosting the meet with her Monkey, decided that we'd all go ride Buzz Lightyear AstroBlasters since we weren't watching the fireworks, since Monkey LOVES The Buzz (seriously, read her blog). I got a pretty decent score, making it to Level 4. I would have emailed the picture to myself, but for some reason, it didn't come out. Honey did pretty well, too, but I told him the secrets AFTER the ride ended.
After BLAB, we had a MOO meet: Marine Observation Outpost. This is a secret way to experience Finding Nemo Sub Voyage without (1) waiting in line or (2) getting in that claustrophobic sub. Honey hadn't seen it, so it was fun seeing his reaction.
After MOO, we all decided to do a round trip on the NEW Monorail Red Mark VII. VERY nice, indeed. Smoother ride, cool blue lighting. Didn't feel any A/C, but since it was about 10:30-11pm, it wasn't needed. Cassidy left at Downtown Disney. After arriving back at Tomorrowland Monorail Station, the group broke up. Everyone went home, except Honey, me, and two others. We all went to ride Space Mountain.
At Space, we were pretty bored in line, so we decided to blow bubbles in the queue. LVBelle had given us all bubbles at the Fireworks meet, so we were putting them to good use. I noticed something, too, which I will be writing about for my English paper I need to finish. But NO ONE noticed the bubbles! No one noticed until a Cast Member asked us to keep making more. Then people started trying to catch them. The Cast Member was so happy with the bubbles, that right before we boarded the rocket, we were given passes to get back on the ride using the handicapped/baby swap entrance. Sweet! It was nice, too, because our first pic didn't show up.

So after Space, we headed back over to Main Street, because Honey wanted to pick up something for E's birthday tomorrow. He bought her a plush of Mike and Sully from Monsters, Inc. She will sit quietly for the whole movie and not move until it's over. We eventually left the park at 12:30 (yes, the park closed at midnight), and made it back to the parking garage and to our car before 1am. We had to stop at Super 8 because a very good friend, my "Disney Dad," had some goodies for the girls and me. So we stopped, chatted a bit, and then proceeded on our way home. I drove, and usually after a full day at Disneyland, I am very tired and can barely drive home. We took the quicker way home, and I was alert the whole way. We pulled into the drive way about 3:30, and were in bed by 4am. So, I was up for 23 hours. Time well spent, in my opinion.
I woke this morning at 9:30 and finished some homework that was due by noon today. I have a bit more to finish, which will be a little trying to find time, since E is here all night, and the girls get home tomorrow. If anything, I can work on it tomorrow night after the girls are in bed, since I have until Sunday at noon.
If you're an LPer and want to see more pics, let me know, and I'll share my Shutterfly album with you. I got a lot of great shots with Honey's camera.


  1. I cried at the rededication too! And I bawled like a baby as I left you guys! Did you notice? I ran as fast as I could! That's so awesome that you were able to get babyswap passes because of the bubbles! :)

  2. Great report. It almost felt like I was there for most of that. Glad that you and so many others had such a fun filled Walt kind of day.


  3. Sounds like a fun day!! I can't wait to go to Disneyland again!

  4. What a fun day, Jaime! Our trip to Disney World is in a few weeks and we can't wait!

  5. Busy day!!! Sounds like you all had a blast

    P.S. I tagged you

  6. Sounds like a great trip!!!

  7. I'm still jealous of your pin! :P

    And I would have shared if my dadn't hadn't taken the bottle back with year for sure! :)


Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed


Google Search

Custom Search