Friday, July 11, 2008

Flashback Friday

While I was organizing my filing cabinet and scrapbooking stuff, I found a pic of my best friend, Christina and me at Knott's Berry Farm. It was probably taken about 7th or 8th grade. Possibly 9th...but it was before we transferred from Dana Jr. High to San Pedro High School. I was going to post it here, but now, I can't seem to find it. I love my filing system. Seems my filing cabinet likes to make my pictures disappear.

But, I have this one, from the last day of 9th grade at Dana Jr. High. It was 1995. Like my blond hair? What about my Lion King lunchbox? HAHA. I was so kewl.

I apologize for the quality. I don't have a scanner, so I had to take a pic of the pic.

Photobucket

Christina passed away on September 2, 2006. I hadn't talked to her much since high school, since I moved away in 10th grade. We would write letters to each other every once in a while. In Feb 2006, I was heading to Disneyland on a trip with my girls and my mom and sister. I called Christina to meet up for lunch while we were there. It was great. We had lunch at Rainforest Cafe. After she passed, it was very hard for me to go back to RFC. I went back in April 2007, and the whole time I was there, I could think of nothing but Christina and the last time we saw each other.

My message for Friday is this: Tell those you care about how much they mean to you TODAY. Right NOW. Because you never know when they'll be called Home. Christina was only 26. She didn't have cancer or something else where we could prepare for her passing. She was in a freak accident. No one ever saw it coming. Don't wait until tomorrow to tell your friends and family you love them. Because tomorrow may never come.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading! Your comments are appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Twitter Feed

Sponsors


Google Search

Custom Search